For Hard Receivers
Specially ground, single-flute, solid carbide drills ideally suited for use by the professional gun trade on hard receivers (as the 03A3 and harder).
- Cuts a clean chip in hardest file steel, giving true hole.
- Does not "crumble out" the steel; thus, no chatter.
- 2" long to give quill clearance when using with Forster and other scope/sight mounting jigs.
- Kept properly cleaned, will not bind or break.
- Properly fed, won't work-harden hole surface like spade drill does; decreases tap breakage.
- Drills "all the way through" hardened steels. Note: Common sense must be used. No guarantee against breakage! Use only to crack the skin on Krags and the like. DO NOT USE IN SOFTER STEELS. Use only after other drills have failed or hardness of steel is preknown.
Big Book Catalog, Issue:73, Page:459
SPECS: Sizes available: No. 33 (6-40), No. 31 (6-48), No. 29 (8-32), No. 28 (8-40). Speed approximately twice that of high speed steel, feed rate the same or slightly less.